Sunday, April 20, 2014

Mourning to Dancing!

Final thoughts about life and death and the resurrection....

So, a month or so ago, we had a visit with one of Noel Sandon's cardiologists. The comment that sticks with me the most was, "Wow! You don't look like you ever were a heart patient!" What wonderful words to hear!!! All the suffering has lead to the promise of a long and healthy life!! (In fact, you should have seen Noel's smile and how his face brightened when the doctor released him to full activity, including ironman training!) Can you imagine how thrilled Dan and I are for Noel?!

Well, the joy the wells up within us is only a shadow of the joy of Easter morning............the price had been paid, the victory won, but, in rising from the dead, Jesus gives us the hope and promise of eternal life! The joy of a long, healthy life for Noel is great.....the joy of long, forever life because of Jesus....indescribably fantastic, causing "joy, unending joy"!

"You have turned for me my mourning into dancing;
You have put off my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness,
To the end that my glory may sing praise to You and not be silent.
O Lord my God, I will give thanks to You forever."
(Psalm 30:11-12)

"Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!"
(2 Corinthians 9:15)



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oA0RZE-JAHg

No comments:

Post a Comment